Monday, January 30, 2012

New Year, New Posibillities.

Although January is almost to an end, I will allow myself to make the standard "The Year that Past" post. Time flew, and suddenly 2011 was gone, and what a year it was. Lots of good things happened to me in 2011, things I grew from as a person, and also things I wish I was without. All in all, a year I have both loved and sometimes cared less about, but most of all: thankful for. An educational year, that's the word I'm looking for :)

January 1.st last year I drove the car home from Copenhagen with two of my girlfriends, and we both talked about the year that had passed, but also what we expected of 2011. And there were many things I never in my wildest dreams thought I would experience or realize. For that I am grateful. Even the negative stuff has taught me a lot, even though you wish it never happened at the time. But I believe that, was doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, and it must say I've realized that this last year.

2011 was the year:

..where Denmark won silver in Men's handball World Cup.

..where I got a lot of new and amazing friends I am eternally grateful for. Now you're stuck with me ;)

..where I learned a lot about myself and began a new chapter.

..where my cousin beat cancer's but! I'm so glad and happy about that. She is not only a cousin but one of my closest girlfriends. At the same time, she ended the year finding out she was pregnant against all odds, so awesome.

..where my friend held her bachelorette party, got married AND had a little daughter! Wild year and I'm so happy for her :) Bella will be so spoiled by me! :)

..where I got even more good memories with my other cousin and best friend, twins as we called ourselves when we were kids. She also finished the year defying the odds and got pregnant, fantastic!

..where Norway reminded all of us that love is stronger than hate! Amazing people, they inspire each day.

..I completed my "Movie List"! :D Saw all movies in the cinema I had planned (minor stuff, but still very important).

..where I yet again confirmed that I have the most beautiful family on earth. Love, unity, compassion, tolerance, laughter, fun and much more, all this is something we share, so amazing.

..where my Mom and Stepdad (Paps as I call him) had "copper wedding" (12½ years of marriage)! Time flies, love you guys so much.

..where I started on the volunteer work I had always wanted to! Now I can't let go :)

..I'll never forget, like so many others. A year I am eternally grateful for, for all that gave me and taught me.

2011 was a crazy year where many things happened I never thought would happen. There is so much, I can't write about everything, so I've put together a couple of collages. A picture speaks a thousand words, or so it is said :)

Love nature, and 2011 was a year filled with many beautiful walks in the forest.


 It's not just people that enrich your life, I have many amazing animals around me that make the day a little bit more fun an awesome.

The summer of 2011 was awesome in so many ways. Lots of great memories I'll never forget.

Christmas and New Year’s was awesome as always. Have the best family, love them!

 You need to remember the small pleasures, so I've gathered a couple of just that :)

I'm grateful for 2011, both for all the good and bad it brought, and I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring me. I hope you all are able to look at all the good 2011 gave you and bring it into 2012. But also, that you can look at all the bad and learn from it, let it be the fuel to make you fight for a better 2012, turn defeat to victory.

Happy New Year!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment