Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#QOTD - Valentine’s Day

Today is Valentine’s Day, so I just wanted to share a little quote and some words:

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
-Moulin Rouge (2001)

Love this quote, it's dead on. Love is the most powerful thing we have and are capable of making/sharing/giving. Love can make us feel like we can conquer the world, and lack of it makes us feel like nothing makes sense, that life is not worth living. We all have different opinions of what love is and what kind of love makes us feel loved and happy. We all speak the language of love, but as in all languages we find our own way of speaking it. That is why we sometime get confused when we try to make someone feel loved, but they don't respond to our love. To say it plain and simple: learn to speak the love-language your partner speaks and you'll see the result immediately. We all want the same, we just respond differently :)

That was a long wise speech, back to basics. Valentine’s Day is the day we either love or hate. I love it, but I also believe it is not romantic just to be romantic ONE day a year :) Romance should fill all our days. Sometimes romance is giving your partner a hug because you can see he/she needs it. Giving your partner what he/she needs despite the fact that you don't understand why it helps, now THAT is romance: THAT is LOVE :) So, is Valentine’s Day necessary? Maybe, maybe not. The industry makes a lot of money on that one day, but the same goes for Christmas, Halloween, Easter, basically every holiday or special occasion. But for me it is not the expensive flowers, dinner or chocolate, for me it is love. A day dedicated to love, and if I look at it that way, I find Valentine’s Day beautiful. Love is the most important thing and therefore it should also have a special day a year. Just like Mothers or Father’s day. That is a special day for them, but that doesn't mean it is the only day we show them special attention :) Or at least that how I believe/think it should be.

So instead of focusing on whether or not you are single on Valentine’s Day, focus on love. ON the love you have with your friends, family, pets, hobbies etc. It is all about love, and as I said, love is the same but still different for each and every one of us :)

So, lots of love from me. I feel blessed to have so much love around me, and I'll send some your way if you need it :) Made this picture for all of you: Happy Valentine's Day :)


Love
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment