Thursday, September 1, 2011

New knowledge, new challenges :)


Sooooooo, tired. These past few days I have been on a course in "Pedagogy, didactics and methodology". VERY interesting, I know shocker, but man I'm so busted. Feels good learning about this stuff, but my brain is definitely not use to being "the student" and not "the teacher" :) I know life i s all about learning, but three days of intense learning leaves its mark on you.

One very positive thing I realized these days, and I didn't expect this, was how much the school is ready for change!! To clarify it all: the average age of the teachers is 50, and a lot have been teaching in 10-25 years (some more some less). Many of the teachers I've met have seemed very narrow-minded and "to set in their ways". To put it harsh: Old and only caring about their own little world! Of course not ALL of them are like that but many are. And my two colleagues and I (we are a small team of three), really believe in change and that this school needs it big time.

Many of the people I took this course with had the same view of things. This course is for newly hired teachers, but there was still two who had been there for 13-15 years, and it was nice to meet some "old guys" who felt this way. Most of all, three of our four lecturers were from the administration in this school, and the ALSO felt this way. THAT felt really good, and they were truly inspiring to listen to.

SO what is my point? My point is, if we all (or mostly all) feel this way the why don't we start making a change? I have some ideas on the why part, but I will think about it some more before I go into a full on analysis :)

Conclusion: Change IS coming. Students WILL be taken better care of. BUT we need to act, and that is the biggest, most expensive challenge we have now. I say challenge instead not problem, because problems make everything seem more difficult, hard and confusing that they can be. The challenges awaits, but…..

…..right now the couch is calling!;) Have a great evening peeps :)

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment