Sunday, August 28, 2011

Election

So, the prime minister announced this Friday that the election officially started and that we will vote September 15th.
Now all hell is going to break loose :)

I have always used my voice, and I find it very important that we use our voice to affect our future. BUT I have never liked politics, never. Of course I have scanned each Party and their general views to know what they stand and fight for, but never have I really gone in to depth with each Party’s politics and key issues. That is about to change, big time.

Today i have gathered every brochure, every document and made shortcuts on my computer to each Party’s homepage. I want to read about them all, maybe not each and every boring detail, but a lot of them. I want to all there is to know and once and for all find my place behind that Party which best represent my beliefs and political views. And i want to be more active, not actually join a Party, but I want know more, and to know how my voice is being used!

The keyword in all of this is of course WANT!! I want to do this, and therefore it feels right. Many young people today don’t pay attention to the world around them, and politics are definitely NOT something worth noticing or discussing in the lunch break. I was one of those, not that I was totally ignorant and not interested in politics, but politics have just never been very interesting to me! And I still HATE politics, or at least what politics have become (I know, it’s a strong word, but you know what I mean ;)). I find it so frustrating, false and there isn't any change, I really don’t like politics, BUT I have great confidence in our youth and the possibility for change!! And our youth will one day replace those "running things" today, and therefore I believe politics will be VERY interesting in the future.

"Out with the old and in with the new!"

Never before have I believed more in this proverb! We need new blood, we need our youth to step it up, because things have to change. You guys might not know how things work in Denmark, or how politics run here, but hope my ramblings make sense, I have kept it very "apolitical", because as I said: I have used my voice, but I have always hated politics, and therefore I might not be the best to explain every detail about our country’s political system :)

So why do I suddenly want to be more active? Three words: Norway, Oslo, Utøya! After the terrible events in Norway I found myself changing a lot of things. I affected me harder than you might understand and the story behind is long. It was an attack on Norway, their democracy, their people, hardworking INNOCENT politicians and YOUNG INNOCENT children. People that were doing something they love. Not that I necessarily support Arbeiterpartiet or knew anything about them before, but it was just so cowardly done!! No matter what god we choose to believe in, what our opinions might be, we DONT kill in order to change things. VIOLENCE is NEVER the answer. It’s a long story, and it woke a lot of emotions in me, but most of all, I was touched. I was touched to see Norway choosing LOVE over HATE. They choose compassion, unity, openness, light, hope and democracy. It touched me deeply, words can’t explain. And it made me want to get more active, not just use my voice, but know more about how it should be used and what it will be used to do.

I don’t want to vote out of sympathy, but because politics is important, and WE, the new generation, have a chance to make it different.  A chance to make politics more humane, more loving and open, instead of the shallow, unsuccessful “acting class-promoting thing” it is today. That is why I want my vote to be used properly, and why I want to know more about politics now vs. “the me” before July 22th 2011! And I believe it is the best reaction to what has happen.

One a final note, I could write so much more about my thoughts on the attracts the 22th of July, but know is not the time. All you need to know is this: I send peace, light an unconditional love to all the people affected each day! To the families and friend of lost ones; My heart goes out to you, I hope you will one day come back stronger and honor those you loved by keep living a life of love. The people involved and injure;, You will come back stronger, give it time, and know my thoughts are with you every day!

"Enemies teach us inner strength, courage and determination." - Dalai Lama

Let’s not end on a sad note! Hope you all had a great weekend, hope it was awesome :)

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment